Broaden your child’s horizons with a trip to the idyllic island jewels of the Indian Ocean and enjoy close encounters of the natural kind in the warm waters of the maldives and Seychelles, or head to mauritius for a fascinating cultural experience.
Time for them…
In the Seychelles many hotels run conservation programmes for children to learn about nature.
Time for you…
In mauritius their golf courses, designed by world class professionals, will be a delight for enthusiasts and novices alike.
It’s a great region to turn into twin-centre adventure, with the middle East and South Africa being good options.
Best time to go…
- Mauritius - October to April is its peak season, with temperatures favourable throughout the year. Due to the trade winds, during our summer season its best to head to the north of mauritius.
- Seychelles - The enviable climate is always warm and without extremes. This makes it a yearround destination for sun worshippers and beach lovers. In this tropical paradise the temperature seldom drops below 24°C or rises above 32°C.
- Maldives - December to April is usually the best time to travel as these are the driest months. However, with its mild tropical temperature it is a year round destination.
- Experience how it feels to be a castaway with not a care in the world. Most resorts will organise a picnic for the family and whisk you off to a private deserted island for lunch or the whole day.
- The inward facing side of each island enjoys very shallow, warm, crystal clear water. This makes it a perfect setting for lots of splashy fun for parents and children.
- If you have ever wondered what life must be like without the sound and convenience of a car, then here in the Maldives you have the chance to experience it. With land accounting for a mere one percent of the Maldives, you are unlikely to bump into a single car once you leave the Airport.
Family Friendly Maldives Hotels
- One&Only Reethi Rah
- Jumeirah Vittaveli
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru
- Niyama by Per Aquum
- Lux Maldives
- Head to the south of Mauritius for exhilarating zip lines above the trees and river Galets.
- The resorts in Mauritius offer extensive facilities for every member of the family, from gourmet restaurants to extensive sports and water sports, so stay on resort for a few days to take advantage of the activities on offer.
- Take a trip on the island’s submarine, The Blue Safari, which will take you on an underwater tour.
Family Friendly Mauritius Hotels
- The Residence Mauritius
- One&Only Le Saint Geran
- The St Regis Mauritius Resort
- Anahita The Resort & Villas
- Constance Le Prince Maurice
- Constance Belle Mare Plage
- With waters like a giant fish tank, snorkelling and scuba diving is an absolute must.
- Some of the properties we feature allow you to choose to fly on a seaplane for your transfers. This is a great way to arrive at your resort having flown over the archipelago, enjoying a fantastic bird’s-eye view. The younger members of the family are guaranteed to love the takeoff and landing process.
- Take a tour exploring the island’s interiors and high up in the misty forests, you might be lucky enough to discover the exquisite wild orchids that epitomise the islands’ fragile, rare beauty, or a tortoise taking a stroll. Getting back to nature is a great way to spend some quality time together.