Travelling with little ones? Then don’t forget the great destinations on your doorstep, and take advantage of short flying times with a quick hop to Europe, renowned for its hospitality towards families.
Choose from an assortment of resorts offering dedicated children’s facilities and every kind of sport and activity imaginable. Or take them further south and explore the extraordinary diving sites of the red Sea.
Time for them...
At Aquacity in mallorca, located near to Palma, the world’s largest water park.
Time for you...
Santa Cruz, Tenerife’s capital features landmark modern architecture and brilliant retail therapy.
Take a trip on a pirate ship from Albufeira, Portugal, sailing along the Algarve coast, swimming in the sea and enjoying lunch onboard.
Best time to go...
- May to October is the best time to visit Spain and Mallorca. However, Tenerife is a year round destination with temperatures fluctuating only by a few degrees throughout the year. With an amazing 300 days of sunshine a year in Portugal and Madeira, they are perfect any time of the year. However from May to October is traditionally their peak period.
- In Cyprus the weather is as varied as its interior and the best time to go actually depends on what you are looking for. June to September is peak time, when the resorts increase the number of facilities they offer. For a peaceful break coupled with the beauty of nature then visit during October to May.
- If you are looking for a bit of action and lots of activities during your holiday then the best time to visit Greece is from June to September. May and October offers some fine weather, perfect for some early or late summer sunshine. The Italian Islands enjoy a very warm and sunny climate, with temperatures at their height between April and September and dipping no lower than 15°C in the winter months.
Spain & Her Islands Highlights...
- In Costa Del Sol, Tivoli World is a fun day out for the whole family with a host of rides to suit all ages plus shows and exhibits that include lifesize dinosaurs.
- On Tenerife you can enjoy the thrills of whale watching all year round. Or visit Loro Parque with an amazing collections of animals including parrots, penguins and dolphins.
Family Friendly Spain & Her Islands Hotels
- Abama Golf & Spa Resort
- Gran Hotel Bahia Del Duque
- La Residencia
- The St Regis Mardavall
- Kempinski Hotel Bahia
Portugal & Maderia Family time...
- Plan a day at the Zoomarine, which is an amazing theme park with dolphin shows, an aquarium, a planet awareness centre, a 4D cinema and a fun park.
- Enjoy an adventure at any one of the many water parks, namely Slide and Splash or Aqualand.
- Krazy World near Algoz is a great family day-out with a fun park, children’s farm, quad mania and two mini-golf courses.
Family Friendly Portugal & Madiera Hotels
Cyprus Family Time...
- Paphos, the birthplace of the Goddess of Love Aphrodite is worth a visit; here you can also explore the Tomb of the Kings.
- For local crafts visit Lefkara, where you can haggle for exquisite jewellery, pottery, leather and silverware.
- Just outside Limassol stands Kolossi Castle with its short drawbridge. Once you climb the top you will enjoy panoramic views of the vineyards that go on for miles.
Family Friendly Cyprus Hotels
Greece Family Time...
- In Crete visit the old town in Chania, watch the boats come in at the harbour, stop for ice cream in a cafe and wander through its winding streets.
- The Museum of Sea Life in Rethymno on Crete is located in a former abbey and has a huge display of all kinds of fish, fossils and shells.
- Visit Knossos Palace, a huge site where kids can learn about life dating as far back as 1900 BC.
Family Friendly Greece Hotels
Italy Family Time...
- In Florence, visit museums like the Uffizi, and provide your children with an appreciation of the works of some of the world’s greatest artists.
- In Sicily, Mount Etna dominates the skyline and you can take tours to see this natural marvel up close.
- From Pisa with its iconic ‘Leaning Tower’ to the more obscure delights such as Siena’s Gothic cathedral, full of treasures that include its marble pavement, Piccolomini library frescoes and incredibly ornate interiors, Tuscany has something to enthral everyone.
Family Friendly Italy Hotels
France Family Time...
- Family days can be enjoyed at one of the theme parks or fairgrounds on the French Riviera including Espace Marineland in Antibes, featuring Marineland the largest European aquatic park, Aquasplash and Adventure Golf, or Luna Park in Fréjus with over 50 exciting amusements.
- Outdoor adventures are plentiful with many equestrian centres, water activities on Saint Cassien Lake or Tree Trekking at Canyon Forrest at Villeneuve-Loubet Village.
- There are many museums to discover from the glassmaking factory of Biot to the Florian Confectionary set on the banks of the Loup river at Le Pont du Loup.
Family Friendly France Hotels
Fun for all the family? Surely not - isn’t there always at least one who’s unimpressed, tired or just plain pernickety? Well, prepare to be amazed when you take the family to the desert playgrounds of the Middle East, where state-of-the-art attractions include a ski-slope and man-made islands that can be seen from space. Everyone will discover something that amazes them!
Time for them...
In Dubai discover the first indoor ski slope in the Middle East and an exhilarating day for all.
Time for you...
Spend time at the Dubai Shopping festival which takes place annually during January and February.
Take the whole family on a desert adventure day with a dune safari.
Best time to go...
Mid October to mid April is the best time to visit the middle East as the temperatures are cooler and most favourable for families with young children.
- Wild Wadi and Aquaventure Waterpark in Dubai are ‘musts’ for the whole family.
- Children will feel like mini VIPs at the Children’s City in Dubai.
- Spend quality family time together with a guided tour exploring the Souks - but avoid Fridays and Saturdays as this is when they are most crowded.