Take a natural backdrop of dazzling beaches, swaying palms and turquoise seas; add a good pinch of laid-back atmosphere, season with colourful carnivals and reggae - then finish with a sprinkling of first class hotels, all offering superb family facilities.
What you have is the easy-going Caribbean; a region we know well, which extends a warm welcome to seekers of sun, fun and sophistication.
Time for them…
Splashing about in crystal clear shallow waters and dashing about on soft sands.
Time for you…
Great properties, many with state-of-the-art spas, mean you can indulge in a little ‘me’ time!
Spend time at one of the region’s many carnivals, for some serious family fun. Including Antigua Carnival and Barbados Crop Over during early August, St Lucia Carnival in June or Junkanoo in Nassau in the Bahamas on boxing day.
Best time to go...
The tropical climate means that you’ll find warmth and sunshine year round, although peak season is the winter months of December to April. So, for great family value, choose to travel between may and November to benefit from ‘low’ season offers.
- SubCat Antigua is a 28 passenger submarine, a unique experience the whole family will enjoy and a great opportunity for those that don’t fancy diving and for families with very young children.
- At the Stingray City you can swim with and feed Southern Stingrays in their natural environment.
- Antigua Rainforest Canopy Tour is an eco-tour through Antigua’s lush rainforest.
Family Friendly Antigua Hotels
- Catamaran cruises provide a great adventure for the whole family, and opportunities to snorkel and swim with turtles.
- Discover the underworld of stalagmites and stalactites at Harrisons Caves (you may even spot the Bob Marley formation).
- Board the pirate-themed Jolly Roger and sail up the West Coast. Drinks and snacks are served on board, but Dads be careful, just in case you need to walk the plank!
Family Friendly Barbados Hotels
- Coral Reef Club
- Sandy Lane
- The Fairmont Royal Pavilion
- Colony Club by Elegant Hotels
- Tamarind by Elegant Hotels
St Lucia Highlights...
- A sunset catamaran cruise (if you are staying in the north of the island) will sail you down to the west coast, stopping by at Marigot Bay, where ‘Dr Dolittle’ was filmed.
- Discover the Tree Top Adventure Park, built within the heart of rainforest it’s a real active day out for all the family! Chose to zip wire your way down on the Treetop Canopy Adventure or embark on the Rainforest Cycling or Hike Adventure.
- Remember to dare your family to drive through the volcano; the kids will really have a tale to tell on their return. Flowing sulphur springs and mud pools remain testament to the ancient volcanic activity and now provide therapeutic benefits. The world’s only drive in volcano allows you to discover different species of birds and wild orchids.
Family Friendly St Lucia Hotels
- Water babies of all ages will love Grenada, as it is home to Bianca C, the largest wreck in the Caribbean which, together with other exceptional wrecks, means it’s an excellent destination for diving.
- For snorkelling and scuba diving Grenada is also one of the best locations in the Caribbean and boasts the world’s first underwater sculpture park, where everyone can enjoy underwater gazing at the intriguing effects that nature has had on the sculptures.
- Enjoy an eco adventure in the lush Grand Etang Nature Reserve, marvel at the many waterfalls and, for families with older children, enjoy the thrills of river tubing on the Balthazar River in the tropical rainforest.
Family Friendly Grenada Hotels
St Vincent and the Grenadines Highlights...
- The Botanical and Montreal gardens are both magnificent places to discover exotic plants from around world, making them perfect for relaxing and unwinding.
- Take part in a variety of watersports, such as diving, kayaking, windsurfing and fishing, all popular activities.
- Visit Kingstown, the capital and a busy port. It’s a lively little city bustling with fantastic architecture, churches, shops, restaurants, bars and markets. It also hosts many of the famous tourist attractions such as the Botanical Gardens, Fort Charlotte, St Mary’s Catholic Cathedral of the Assumption and St George’s Anglican Cathedral.
Family Friendly St Vincent and the Grenadines Hotels
British Virgin Islands Highlights...
- Tortola Dolphin Royal Swim! Admire their agility as they speed and spiral around you, get up close with a handshake and kiss, and feel their strength and speed as these lovable animals glide you through the water. It truly is an exhilarating lifetime experience!
- A hike through Sage Mountain National Park that can take you to the highest point in the Virgin Islands, from where on a clear day spectacular views of neighbouring Puerto Rico can be enjoyed. Along the way discover the beautiful variance of flora and fauna. Your hiking guide will point out all the wonders of the national park, where vegetation such as the coco plum, fern and shrubs are hosts to native lizards and frogs.
- Don’t miss trying a watersport - boardsailing, surfing, windsurfing, kayaking, fishing and more are available to do here and it’s one of the best places on earth to try them.
Family Friendly British Virgin Islands Hotels
- Jungle River Tubing is an exhilarating adventure that begins with a gentle glide through a scenic route. A great escapade for families with children above 6 years of age.
- Test your athletic ability with a Canopy Tour as you are challenged on a mile long jungle obstacle course high above the ground. (The minimum age for this activity is 10 years.)
- There are many waterfalls in Jamaica but the most famous has to be the Dunn’s River Falls. Cascading gently down 600 feet ending by a beautiful beach, it’s a great adventure for everyone. Guided climbs make it reassuring for families.
Family Friendly Jamaica Hotels
- Popular land sports include golf and cricket, with two major cricket tournaments between March and November.
- The Nassau SUB Bahamas Adventure! A day out exploring one of Nassau’s famous reefs in your own seahorse shaped submarine in depths up to 15ft! A fantastic way to discover sea life alongside professional submarine guides.
- A visit to Atlantis, the 1,411 acre water park is a great fun-filled day for families. Brave their crazy rides, swim with dolphins - it’s so good you may even choose to stay.